WHO CAN APPLY?
The requirements to be accepted in the TCCM Master are:
• Bachelor in Chemistry, Physics or Material Science,1 or any equivalent level if authorized by the legislation of the corresponding European Country. Other scientific bachelors can be accepted, provided the student takes complementary levelling courses, under the supervision of his/her local Tutor.
• Internationally recognized English proficiency certificate equivalent to a TOEFL score of at least 213/500, 65/120 or 513/677, an IELTS score of at least 6, First Cambridge Certificate or B2.
The same criteria apply to students coming from European and from third countries.
For students coming from third countries or having a Bachelor different from those mentioned above, the possession of the following (or equivalent) subjects at the level of the Chemistry Eurobachelor needs to be certified:
Chemical Bonding, Atomic and Molecular Structure and Intermolecular Interactions, General Physics, Mathematics, General Physical Chemistry, Thermodynamics and Kinetics, Spectroscopy.
Some deficiencies may be remedied through the levelling course. However, if there are deficiencies in more than two of the aforementioned areas, the applicant will not be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested students should fill and submit the corresponding on-line application form that will be published each year in the web page of the Master, for both Category A and B Erasmus Mundus scholarships (Third Country and European students). The required supporting documentation shall be sent by electronic mail to email@example.com
The admission of students and selection of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship holders is carried out by the TCCM International Committee. The evaluation is made according to the information provided in the application form, supported by the following documents:
1. A letter of motivation
2. A CV, including full academic information (degree, matters studied indicating the marks obtained, level of English and all the information the applicant may consider relevant).
3. An English transcription of the academic record (and a document describing the subjects studied in the university degree and the marks obtained, with special attention on the ones listed above, for Bachelors not awarded in Europe or different from Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science).
4. English transcription of the degree certificates to be considered(1).
5. An internationally recognized English level test.
6. A copy of your whole passport, all the pages from the beginning to the end. If your passport doesn't contain the information regarding the last five years, you have to send also a copy of your previuos passport (it's no valid any other document like ID card or birth certificate).
7. A letter on the conformity with the call guidelines (template to be provided)
8. The names, address and electronic mail of 2 Professors/researchers who may be contacted for references
9. All students must enroll at one of the seven Universities in the TCCM Consortium:
AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITY OF MADRID, Spain (Co-ordinating institution)
UNIVERSITY OF VALENCIA, Spain
UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN, Netherlands
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF LEUVEN, Belgium
UNIVERSITY OF PERUGIA, Italy
UNIVERSITY PAUL SABATIER, TOULOUSE III, France
UNIVERSITY OF PORTO, Portugal
Hence they must provide a list with their preferences rating a minimum of four of them, from 1 (top preference) to 4 (lowest preference).
All this information should be sent electronically to the Coordinator of the Master (firstname.lastname@example.org) before January 31st for both, Third Country and EU-EEA students, according to the procedure established for each call in the web page of the Master.
Please note that if the applicant is admitted in the Master, he/she will need to provide mandatorily, the corresponding certified copies of the academic record and degree certificates (legalized accordingly with the applicable legislation between the origin and host country) and English proficiency certificate.
The steps of the selection processs are the following:
- Sending of the application form and documentation.
- After deadline, the International Commitee scores the applications according with the background, merits etc.
- They make a list with the scores, from the highest to the lowest score .
- From this list are selected the aspirants for the scholarships.
- Their refeeres are contacted to record more information about the corresponding aspirant.
- The selected aspirants for the scholarships are contacted in order to make an appointment for a meeting through skype, phone or by other means.
1 Students in the last year of any of these Bachelor studies can apply. However, they will be definitely accepted only if they successfully finish their Bachelor studies before the 1st of September of the Academic Year in which they wish to start the Master Courses