Teaching activities - First year
The courses corresponding to the first year of the master are organized at local level.
In the case of the Spanish universities a 4-weeks intensive course is organized to teach the following courses corresponding to Modules 1,2 and 3 and part of the courses of the eligible courses of Module 4.
- Molecular Quantum Mechanics + Statistical Mechanics
- Programming and Numerical Methods
- Group Theory and Basic Spectroscopy
- Basic Reaction Dynamics
- Two eligible out of 4 options:
- Advanced dynamics
- Advanced methods in Quantum Chemistry
The courses are organized in two-hours sessions, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, and are complemented by personal work (solution to questions and practical problems, programming basic routines... ) at the student home university. This personal work is followed both remotely, trough internet by the teachers involved and locally by an assigned local tutor.
NEW!!! The academic year 2012/2013 the intensive course will be organized by the University of Valladolid, in Valladolid.
- In the academic year 2011/2012 the intensive course was organized by the Universidad de Oviedo, in Asturias.
- In the academic year 2010/2011 the intensive course was organized by the Universitat de les Illes Balears in Palma de Mallorca.
- During the academic year 2009/2010 the intensive course was organized by the Universidad del Pais Vasco in San Sebastian.
- During the academic year 2008/2009 the intensive course was organized by the Unversity of Vigo and held from January 19th until February 14th in the "Escuela Naval Militar", Marín Pontevedra